Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MARY KAY ~ isagenix ~ TONJA'S CLOSET

I've been working hard on getting better, it seems to be a never ending project. I must admit, that this is something I struggle with. I still have my previous life in my mind. There isn't a day that goes by, especially now, as this was the year that I had planned to give Jason the option of retiring. That is the thing I think that makes me the most upset at this moment.

I don't know if he would have chosen to or not, but to go to work with the knowledge that you didn't have to... It would be a gift! I think he would always choose to work, but having the choice to instead of the need too.. Wow, that would really take the pressure off. He does love what he does. Although, there are some major issues.

Things going on in our lives once again, (making number 11 almost seem possible, from my list in an earlier post) are causing us pause. While nothing has happened, I am choosing to not wait around and watch our lives continue to fall apart more. I've been working on a couple of extra projects for a while now.

At this time I am not able to do my Mary Kay business as I once had. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to do that! I could solve all of our financial issues, I am sure, given some time back in the saddle. I was very good at that, still am for what I am able to still do. I loved it, and while, I was never the perfect polished person, I think my sincerity and genuine affinity for what I did shone through and others identified with that.

I am going to spread my attention in three areas. My mind at least most of the time works just fine. I just have difficulty with the meds I take making me on the confused, and foggy side of life. Lovely, I know. Again a little sarcasm...

1. My Mary Kay, Clients - keep on servicing them the best that I can! Consultants - support them as well as I can as well. ( I mostly receive orders via: text, email, or phone and ship these things out.) My Mary Kay money goes to supplement our regular income needs to run our house and of course to cover what I spend on my own Mary Kay products. I can pay a bill that is due here and there with it. I really love all of my Mary Kay customers! I love playing with colors and so much more... My clients are the BEST!

2. My Isagenix, That has become the biggest blessing to me as of late! Not only am I a tremendous amount thinner, but I have been able to be more and more active! Woot! Others have also started doing it and those who are doing it, are seeing some very nice results as well. This is encouraging me to start doing more with it! I have yet to really see allot of cash flow, but anything is helpful at this point!.. What I am excited about mostly is helping other people realize that they too can feel and look better too. (gosh, if I did it not being able to move much, anyone really could!)

The Isagenix, is also more suited to me not traveling all around and about. I don't have to carry anything, I just basically talk to people usually on the phone or Internet, or where I see them if I am out. There is no pressure, and I can do it when I feel well! So it works out for me, gives me other people to focus on, instead of myself! Which has always been better for me.

My main focus is getting what I make with my Isagenix to cover what I spend with it. Which I would have had to spend buying groceries anyway... So, that is good, since we've got to save money where we can. I've already got a new goal for that as well, to start saving money for an emergency fund, and then to save for a car so I can get around on my own! (dad's car is about ready for the junkyard I think, the air is out on it, and the transmission is on its way out)

3. TONJA'S CLOSET: Since I have lost all of this weight, I started rehoming all of my clothes, then it dawned on me! I need to have new clothes! YIKES, as NOTHING at all fits me from before! Thank You Isagenix!! OK, my shoes still do. (most of them anyway, my feet are even thinner) I have no money for new clothes! NONE! I started shopping at consignment stores, I have always done this, even when I had more money. I found that this option was even to expensive for me to build a wardrobe on.

I don't even need all of those professional clothes anymore. I bet there are quite a few people who just really can't afford all of those clothes even at consignment shops. I started going to thrift stores, and I've started asking people if they have clothes they don't want anymore, if they'd consider giving them to me. Not kids clothes! I am not sure what to do with those!
So I am putting the word out! I am collecting clothing! For TEENS MEN AND WOMEN! Mostly women, but I am also collecting men's stuff too!

So people around me are pitching in, I am finding stuff as well that needs cleaned up and repaired. I am good at those things for the most part, and so I am recycling clothing! Nice clothing not the stuff that should be turned in to rags! It may still be in style, may have come out last season, or the one before, or is something that is timeless and always will be in style. I have some funky pieces too, because that's what I love!

So if you or your teen or your hubby is needing some new clothing and you don't have allot to spend, most of my things I will be selling for $2-$4! That fits so much better in my budget! They are all clean repaired and in great shape! I've got sizes from 00 to 29 I think in women, and Men's I am collecting, since Jason is an xxl I have mostly that size right now, but am collecting some smaller sizes as I go.

So, you ask, why are you doing this? Well, my service dog Luka was already old for a service dog when I got him, and he really needs to retire. In order to get my next service dog, I need to save up enough money to get trained with him and for supplies which is about $2600 Money that we just don't have. In addition, I need to save up money to care for Luka and Ozzie in their old age.

Ideally, this is something I can do to help other people save money, and help me make some. It isn't that I necessarily NEED more to do, as I must admit, that keeping the house clean and running is difficult enough for me. I just find it to be so boring! I love having a clean house, but much of the things needed done to keep it clean are now on my restriction list as well. So, if things go well, I might even be able to afford some help in getting it clean! (OK, it isn't a disgusting pit, I just need help with the tub, shower, toilets, and floors) Everything else, I can manage somehow.

And I love clothing, at one time I had planned on going into clothing design! I am even saving the unrepairable things to cut up and make into a quilt.



Some of the other things I had thought about doing were: website design, newsletters for others, marketing materials for others, teaching of different classes like hobby classes... but these things in general need to meet deadlines. I can't always guarantee something because of how much pain I have so I don't want to set myself up to fail.

The things above, are all things that I can do on my own time frame, things that I am able to do even if I am not feeling the greatest at least to some degree. They don't have deadlines, and there aren't allot of physical demands.

The clothing business, actually is helping my arms get stronger, as it is hard for me to pick up things doing the folding, the washing, the repairing, etc. Is helping me get stronger, just like working in my garden. Although those pesky weeds are still making me nuts!

So, if you'd like to loose weight or make sure you are getting the nutrients your body needs, let me know, if you are wanting to look younger, or need to know how to put your eyeshadow on, I can help you with that, and if you are wanting a new outfit or two and don't want to blow your budget, I've got just what you are looking for or I soon will. Just give me a call, drop me a line, let me know what sizes you are looking for and the style, and I can get you hooked up!

Boring is not for me! I eat to live, I don't live to eat! My age is only a state of mind!

Well, I just got back from therapy, boy Oh'boy, I have a smile on through the pain of therapy lately. My progress is so slow but I am definately making progress! Woo HOOOOOO! I also got results of my yearly exam back! Mostly Good News! Most everything looks great! I need to increase a couple more vitamins, one I had figured on, as I always have seemed to need that one, and the other, was some what of a surprise, but not extremely. I am taking some, but just need to increase it, I am going to have to do some math to figure out what I am taking and how much more I need to take. Everything bad I can add a simple thing to fix, so that is nifty!

I've still got my Mamogram, and my Dexiscan next week, so I am sure things will be clicking along nicely! Make sure that you are all doing your regular check ups and exams! Do all of your preventative care! It is worth it.

I am sad today, as I received news that a friend of mine that I had breakfast with every week for about seven years, prior to my not being able to get out and about, has just passed away. I had just found out that he wasn't well, and had started to ask around to find out what was going on with him. He was in Rotary with me, he was the only Rotarian to attend my wedding, and was one of the very nicest people that you could ever hope to know. It makes me so sad. Makes me remember lots of other things that make me so sad too.

Blessings to you my friend, I will be keeping your family in my prayers as well.

No comments: