Saturday, March 12, 2011

My HeArT On A StRiNg

I've met many people in many ways over many days.  None of them struck me as he did that day.  We'd gone out before this, and had fun, mildly awkwardly so.  Interesting but not overwhelmingly so.  Similar in familiar ways but something was different this day.

His guard came down, he was real with me.  So real.  The special kind of real that you can feel the sincerity and the moment lives on forever through that one space and time.  It a feeling of symbiosis of clarity, of no barriers, no hidden moments. 

Where everything has laid itself out there on the line.  The worst and the best all at the same time.  No one had ever been that frankly honest.  Shared what he shared and in the way that he shared it that day.

It was special, the moments were special and after these moments and this time it was all going to change.  I knew it.  I felt it.  I had been in so many moments before where the walls were gated and held tight with every ounce of energy one could muster.  Other times moments would show cracks. 

No moment had crumbled before me so sincerely before and my breath was taken away.  I remember lying there.  Listening.  Listening.  His voice softly sharing his soul and his secrets.  I could feel his pain through his words and his soul shown through his eyes and his cracking voice.

It was only the fifth time I had ever been in his presence or he in mine.  I knew then what I know now.  That he would have my heart on a string from that moment on. 

Blessings,
Pink Doberman

No comments: