Saturday, February 27, 2010

NeW dOoRs!

I got a gardening book in the mail today.  I have read page one and two.  That's about as fast as I go these days.  I hope to check out three and four in a bit.  I used to wonder how all of those TV infomercials and things that come in the mail worked.  I mean who actually bought that stuff. 

I now know, it is people like me, who find it difficult to get out and see what the rest of the world can see easily and regularly as they choose.  Ha!  An answer to another life long question.  =)!

I love catalogs, I rarely order, but I do grab my permanent marker and circle everything I love!  Makes me feel like I have gone shopping.  I do miss grabbing the fabric of a shirt through my fingers to see how it feels, or picking the hanger up an holding it in front of me to actually get a different perspective.  What I miss most is trying the varying styles, colors and outfits on before leaving the store.  Spending hours just looking or trying things on.  I loved that! 

Now, my favorite place to shop is at thrift stores.  I just grab everything in my size toss it into a cart and check out.  I then try it all on at my leisure at home and can return what doesn't work.  Hey, it works!  I still get to test it all out!  Now that I know what I like and what looks better than others, it has become even easier. 

My creativity is hard at work as well to discover what goes good together.  Styles from the past still work today!  You just have to know how to put things together.  I found out that after spending years in bed and not going out at all except to Dr's offices.  That my style was dated.  My makeup style was dated, and so was my style for choosing clothing.  I am not sure that it is still much better.  I feel that I missed out on a whole bunch of different styles.  And besides having to get a whole new wardrobe from thrift stores, because I had gone down in size 12 whole sizes proved to be an expensive venture, even at thrift store prices!  Good news, I am figuring it all out! 

I still have to rid my closet of things that make me look as if I were 12 years old.  Ha!  But, I really love wearing clothes that I would have never dreamed of wearing before.  So if you see me in something age inappropriate, just smile and know I will be tired of it soon!  But give a girl a chance to express herself before she sends those things back to the thrift store. 

I've got several friends who are also loosing!  Some are doing it the way I did!  Others are doing it differently!  I think it is great to find what works for you!  One friends Blood Pressure has gotten into normal ranges with the loss of 7 pounds!  Another has lost 10-15 and hopes to find hers lowered as well soon.  One more is fitting into clothes from her past!  She has been just loving it!  Yet another keeps shrinking little by little and is using it as an opportunity to spice up her wardrobe with new things!  Fun Fun Fun! 

I am so excited for everyone!  I am also excited for me!  As you know if you've been following my journey that I didn't start with my program to loose weight I started it for the vitamins to get my bones stronger, and follow the Dr's recommendations.  Side benefit of the program I chose was loosing weight!  Yippee!!  Size 16 to a size 2!  Yeeeks!! 

As an additional perk along with some basic Physical Therapy, some help from Luka my Service Dog who tells me prior to my getting one type of my migraines caused from weather and movement, and being on a regular vitamin and cleansing regimen the severity of my migraines has decreased substantially!  I still get them about half as frequently or so.. weather has allot to do with that I think, and I am learning what I can and can't do more with therapy so I don't cause more.  At any rate the severity has decreased abundantly!  Woot Woot Woot!  I had inklings of this last year!  I dared not say anything for fear that it was just seasonal. 

I've been holding out on sharing because I wanted it to be a reality not just a happy thought!  I have made almost no migraine trips to the er!  Woot!!  I have had a few.  But amazingly and wonderfully my body is making progress!  < Mental Happy Dance Inserted Here =) >  Rarely do I actually get up and wiggle! 

I told myself, "Self, give it the winter, decide in the spring about how excited you should actually be."  Well, it isn't quite spring.  But in light of all that is happening and the 40 Degree weather... I am imagining it to be just around the corner. 

Thus the gardening book as well! 

Now if only the regular daily problems that I face and have would be improved.  I did have a great day yesterday.  Interesting and everything. 

I had my regular massage therapy appointment.  Now really understand that going to the therapist that I see is not one of those pleasurable experiences.  He isn't one of the phooo foo massage therapists, that heats up rocks and oils and has relaxing scents floating in the air.  It isn't lush or fancy it is work.  Work on his part the guy who does the Neuromuscular Massage as well as work on mine.   This is a painful type of massage it is good pain, but you aren't necessarily filled with energy or renewed afterward.  What I notice is a great sense of deep pain relief.  I am able to get in and out of the jeep easier, I can hold myself up straighter and I can sit for longer. 

I have to hold back the tears many day.  Hold back the cries for the therapy to stop.  I just focus on breathing to get through it each week.  It hurts, but the short amount of time he works on me will give me relief for much longer.  The pain is good pain, the relief comes at a price.  It is one of the least invasive and healthiest ways I can get some relief. 

Pills don't take away the pain they just hide it.  Getting this done each week, brings back the blood flow to my arms, makes it possible to move and hold my head up stops or reduces the sciatic pain.  For me it is a necessary evil.  =) I say this with a bit of humor, as my therapist is so not evil. 

This type of massage isn't the one that you want to get if you want to feel like you've just gone to heaven and you feel all floaty and dreamy.  Before my auto accident I used to go for those!  Ahhh!  I remember the days!   < Dreaming>  Dream over..

Find out more about this type of therapy.  Click Here

My particular massage therapist is the best I have ever been to.  I will tell you more soon I promise. 

Well, I did read a couple more pages in my gardening book.  Which I think will help me choose what to plant.  I had hoped to get to the library, but the library here in town is tiny and has absolutely no good place for me to be.  Which is frustrating because I grew up going to the library!  My mom worked at one and so did my mother in law.  My sister having told me about her library (the one I grew up using) shared that she could access her's online.  I don't think mine has that option.  I have looked online.  Grrr. 

So I am now reduced to doing what so many others must do.  Take advantage of those crazy things that come in the mail.  Use the internet to buy things and order from catalogs instead of stores.  Not horrible for sure.  Much preferred to my anxiety of going new places.  With out a doubt it is a much better option as well, as Jason hates to shop. 

I love to lollygag and look at everything that is new.  Go down isles, look touch and peruse.  He is a man on a mission.  Really these days that is the way it works for me to.  I most of the time don't have the energy to cruise the entire store. 

With my Physical Therapy, I have really focused on walking enough with the crummy weather this winter, consistent snow and ice this has presented a problem for me.  We did get a tread mill for $50 from Craigslist.  I have a feeling the $50 would have been better spent on snow melt.  The darn thing hardly works.  Jason would rather I not hop on.  If he does well the darn thing just won't move.  And the noise!  Yia Yie Eie..  it really is sadly comical =).

So, that hasn't been the best investment.  This spring and summer when people once again don't want theirs maybe we can find something better.  I am finally feeling able to be walking again anyway.  The weather thankfully may even be cooperating!  I am sure thankful for that!

Luka is resting here with me today.  We are both tired from yesterday.  My old guy really needs som good weather too!is still doing well at not aggravating his allergy sores.  Thank goodness, soon hopefully with vigilance he will be thoroughly healed! 

Yesterday, after the therapy appointment, we were interviewed!  Yep!  Interviewed!  About LB858!  I will be sharing more about this soon too!  Allot more.  That is all that I will be saying for now.

There is more but it will have to wait.  It is taking me forever to write today.

Blessings and new doors to new places!
Pink Doberman

No comments: