Thursday, November 4, 2010

OpPoSiTe

 

Sitting here tonight in my cuddle duds, sweatpants, socks that go up to my knees and a super comfy sweater I am warm.  I have the electric blanket cranked while Jason has not only the ceiling fan moving cool air but a fan atop our wardrobe blowing also.  Polar opposites.  He sleeps with few covers, I sleep with piles.  He is warm to snuggle with and I am the ice cube queen. 

Funny how two people so opposite could carve out a great life together.  He’s a morning person, I am a night owl.  He is impromptu and I plan, he often does things methodically, and I seem to reek havoc where ever I have been.  I love to be fashionable, he loves grey zip up hoodies and insulated flannel shirts.  He is always on time, and I work very hard at that! 

I love to drive and used to do almost all of it for us, he isn’t as fond of driving and has to do all of it now.  People instantly like him, people have to take there time before they decide to like me.  He has no allergies, I have to many of them.  He is strong, I work hard to be strong.  Life sometimes makes him try several times to get something new going, life comes easily to me at first, but becomes harder as I do something. 

I like to cook, he hates to cook.  I can fall asleep easily, especially now, he needs particular conditions to sleep.  He is technical, I am creative.  I could go on and on about how different we are.  We met, never thought another thing about each other until we ran into each other months later.  Went out once, had fun.  Went out again a month later, that went well.  Another month went by and we went out again.  And we haven’t been apart since.  That was over 15 years ago. 

Our differences keep things interesting, our interest in each other keeps us together.  We are evolving, nothing in life stays the same, we are fortunate to hang on tighter to each other and ride this roller coaster of a life that we’ve been on. 

I am blessed to have him in my life!  He drives me crazy, keeps me warm, gets the chores done before I wake up, and loves me more than I deserve. 

I hope you have some one just as amazing in your life! 

Blessings,

Pink Doberman

No comments: