Saturday, October 9, 2010

TBI gLaSsEs.. Dr’S. & ??

Good news.. the glasses are working.  I read a map in about 20 seconds the other day, found the location and was able to spout off correctly which road to take.  THIS HAS BEEN A HUGE PROBLEM in the past.  So huge in fact that I’d been forbidden from giving directions!  I had gotten us lost 5 times in a matter of minutes on a trip a few years ago.  That compiled with the other “lost” directions I’d been giving got me fired from the job. 

I get so confused and turned around, that still happens.  I still don’t know where I am if we are out driving, but if you tell me to find something on a map now, I guess I’ll be good to go.  We’ll be testing me out further I am sure.  I am thrilled!!  Before I would stare and stare at the map to find out what I was looking for, I knew what it was, I knew how to read the map, but somehow it all got mixed up and I couldn’t get it to come out right.  Frustrating, and embarrassing for sure.  I used to read maps quite often, that is how I was able to do so much traveling. 

Oh happy day, there is hope for my brain.  I am down now to one hour a day for the glasses.  THRILLING I know.  I go in next week to be tested or checked out or whatever..  I am still off balance, in fact I don’t have much improvement with that, but I can tell things are different.  In the water trying to balance during therapy, oh I am sure I am funny to watch!  It is quite the trick to keep me balanced in the pool, I need help, lots of it.  But I am hopeful that this too will improve. 

Next week I’ve more therapy appointments.  Jason is working quite a lot so squeezing them in has been difficult.  Not driving is really a pain when you need to leave town. =)  But we are making due and things are working out.  The other day while in a different small town, I was able to take a van ride to therapy.  It cost $1.50 for there and back!  Totally worth it, and I could take it anywhere I wanted!  I’ve only used it once but may use it more, I haven’t heard of a service like this where I live.  That would be totally cool if it existed, and it wasn’t to expensive.

In my home news, I sorted out clothes, that I don’t wear.  I am getting rid of them, I’d already gifted a bunch of things to a neighbor.  That felt fantastic!  I still think I may need to break down and get rid of more things.  I don’t like all of the clutter that the extra clothes and shoes make in my bedroom.  I’ll be reevaluating as the weekend goes on what I want to keep and what should be rehomed.  I also need to get through my sewing/craft/mk room.  I think I’ve got things in there that I won’t be using either.  Although winter is coming.. and I do hope to get some of those projects knocked out. 

The extra good news is that I can sit upright for a while now.  The bad news is I would still like more Radio Frequency Ablation done in lower parts of my neck and upper back.  Those parts start to really hurt after a while of being up, and take quite a long time and lots of meds to get calmed back down.  But, I’ve been able to do more things than at the beginning of the year FINALLY!!!  I think I had the last round of injections in June or so, and I am finally able to move about more.  This time the procedure was so weird.  But I am thankful none the less.

I can’t decide if it will irritate the Dr. if I go back and ask for more injections.  He’s had a little ego issue, and I think I pissed him off last time.  Or maybe he was just really having a bad day… either way I think I pissed him off.  For sure I pissed off his PA who seems to grate on my nerves.  I don’t know how it is with you, but if I make an appointment with a person, any field, I expect that the appointment is going to be with THAT person.  If for some reason it is not, all places in the past, including my former life would call and let me know, or at least inform me prior to someone different walking into the room with no explanation.  That irritates me about this Dr’s office.  HOW RUDE!  I’ve gotten off on the wrong foot several times with this PA.  In general I don’t mind seeing them.  Just this one I have a problem with.  Uggg…

Frustrated.  For now I have avoided going back to see the Dr.  I don’t know what my other options are.  The procedure that this Dr does really does give me real lasting benefits!  Granted they don’t last forever, but they last quite a while, and they don’t involve taking more pills! 

I don’t know what the future holds.  I don’t know whether I am over sensitive, I sure could be.  But in my whole life this is only the second time I’ve had a problem with a Dr, clinic or whatever. 

Who knows… I guess I will just have to see what the future holds.

Blessings,

Pink Doberman

No comments: