Monday, October 18, 2010

WoRkiNg LiKe dOgS… LeGiSLaTiOn CoOpEraTiOn… AsSiStAnCe DoG TrAiNerS iN NeBrAsKa!!

 

 Luka and I won an award! 

 

Learn more about us and what we did when you listen to my radio interview:

       click.. Pet Life Radio’s  Working Like Dogs!

My radio interview is posted! 

Click the link above to listen to it! 

The Award??  It is a pretty darn cool one as well, something I am very proud of personally for as well as proud of the other organizations and folks involved.  I really do hope that you will take the 20 minutes to listen to the interview!  What you read below will make more sense if you do.

I am thrilled to share that the event that I planned around the Governorial Proclamation declaring August 8-14, 2010 Assistance Dog Week in Nebraska won the National Assistance Dog Contest for Best Event!!  Check it out!

Here is the proclamation!  That Governor Heineman signed.  Here MOST of us are in these pictures!!  Some were camera shy!   

We are all motivated to create change in Nebraska!  Here is the first attempt at it…  

Sadly the first attempt did not pass, but we are going for it again and even more comprehensively this year!  Thanks to Nebraska State Senator Kate Sullivan!  Contact her here!

 

So who was involved?? 

** NOAH'S Assistance Dogs - They provide a range of services, utilizing specially trained dogs to enhance quality of life. 

NOAH'S Assistance Dogs
402-794-4089
www.noahsdogs.org
noahsdogs@diodecom.net

** Domesti-PUPS provides service dogs for mobility impairments and seizure response dogs.

Can be contacted at 1-866-515-PUPS or info@domesti-pups.orghttp://domesti-pups.org/

Stephanie a local dog trainer who has yet to provide me with a website!  She helps owner trainers train their dogs.  For now message me her if you would like to reach her and I will send your message along to her if you are looking for her services.

Roxanne H. and Tay  an assistance dog team.  Roxanne is an advocate for those with disabilities.  I will be doing a separate post about what she does soon! 


Second Chance Pups provides trained shelter dogs for adoption to the public, but not service dogs.  Great if you don’t need an assistance dog but would like a great trained family pet!

 

Mikki McCann Aid to Nebraska State Senator Kate Sullivan whom you can contact through the link above. 

 

We also had some new friends involved Nike and her Assistance Dog Lilly and many other trainers with Assistance Dogs in training! 

We had a great turn out!  I am so appreciative!  I hope you take the time to listen to the 30 minute radio show at Working Like Dogs on Pet Life Radio! 

In addition, I was the recipient of a $200 gift certificate from Service Dog House!   I am now their new biggest fan!  I can’t wait to share with you what I am ordering! 

 

HAVE A DISABILITY??  Thinking about getting an Assistance Dog??  Here is a great book you you may want to check out.. the great book..

 

I would like to send a Big Thank You to Marcie advocate and Working Like Dogs Radio Host for being such a strong proponent in creating awareness for those of us who utilize the services of Assistance Dogs! 

National Assistance Dog Week was established due to the efforts of Marcie Davis, a paraplegic for over 35 years and CEO of Davis Innovations, a consulting firm based in Santa Fe, NM. Davis is the author of Working Like Dogs: The Service Dog Guidebook, and she is the host of the Internet radio program, Working Like Dogs, at www.petliferadio.com. As a member of a service dog team, she founded Working Like Dogs to honor assistance dogs around the world and is sponsoring National Assistance Dog Week.

For more information, contact Marcie Davis at 505-982-1977

I am so very honored to have received this award.  There were so many deserving groups that created awareness across our great country.  Please go to this link to see what they did as well! 

Before I go, I wanted to share one more link with you.  If you have an Assistance/Service Dog I would encourage you to do something next year to create awareness in your state.  If there is something going on, get involved!  Here is where you can start! 

Blessings from a grateful heart and four grateful paws,

Pink Doberman

No comments: