Sunday, October 17, 2010

WaRm pLeAsUrEs…

Some things just pile up these days.  Not for lack of trying to get things done, just so much to do, and much of it wears me out.  Lately some things seem to be wearing me out mentally as well as physically.  That mental stuff, Yeeew. 

Well, I’ve got a pile of it done.  There is more to do, but it can wait.  I’ve been working at some mind candy tasks to revive my spirits.  Do you do that?  I do really try to tackle the worst first, and follow it with the mind candy tasks. 

What do I consider mind candy?  Anything I am doing for myself, just because.  It involves doing something special for someone else that I enjoy doing or look forward to seeing the result of.  It could be as simple as creating myself a slice of pesto gluten free pizza.  Or creating a new texture to use when messing with pictures.  It could be rolling over and giving Luka a good rub, or making something with Sugu. 

Sometimes after something difficult and taxing to accomplish a nap is also in order.  Today I had planned on watching a football game, but the game wasn’t heading the right direction so I opted for other happier methods of distraction. 

After I rejuvenate, I can then tackle another task. 

On my list is now is laundry.  Jason will be happy if more of it isn’t waiting for him to do when he gets home.

 

I’ve been wearing my glasses full time this is day two.  Today was harder than yesterday, my mind is giving me fits and so are my eyes.  But hey, I guess this is to be expected.  I have to remind myself that keeping up with the Joneses is not my goal.  My goal is to just be the best me I can be. 

When I was at the eye Dr’s to get my stats checked, I also got my glasses adjusted.  They are no longer rubbing horribly on my left hear, and they don’t pinch my nose nearly as much.  I am so grateful.  It really is the little things in life that can make me elated!  …. Of course while we were there I tried on a pair of Pink Sunglasses!  They were adorable.  But at $89 they were also not coming home with me!  =)

 

Have I mentioned lately how much I love things that keep me warm?  I do.  I’ve been freezing lately. Which is no fun.  I would so rather be sweating than freezing. 

Some of my favorite things for fall and winter are..

cushy socks

electric blankets with dual controls ( Jason is not nearly as excited about heating the bed up as I am )

Mittens

Gloves

Fingerless Gloves

Scarves

Thinsulate coats..  I don’t have one but I dream of one in pink purple or whatever..

Space heaters… I have one for every room of my house, so which ever room I am in I can turn it on with out cranking up the house heat.

Layers of clothing!  I love layers!  I live in layers! 

I also love hot baths! 

And my most favorite is a snuggly husband! 

 

On that note I will end my post….

Good Night!

Pink Doberman

No comments: