Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WeEkEnD

Today is a little less than I had hoped for.  Yesterday was more than I thought it would be.  The day before was fine but more and less in different ways than expected.

Funny how life is always full of surprises.  You never know what is going to float your boat or sink your ship.  The unexpected has interesting ways of changing things up and expectations are, well, anything but realistic.  But then again if I were to deal in realities, I don’t think I would ever want to wake up. 

Life is what we make of it.  The good the bad and the in between.  Because something doesn’t tickle your fancy like eating cucumbers when you are a child, it does not mean that they won’t rock your world as an adult.  Life is funny like that.  If you don’t keep your eyes open you never know what you could be missing. 

I sat yesterday in one chair for the entire day and evening.  Which is pretty usual for me.  I spend lots of time in bed propped up by a precise arrangement of pillows.  Two fluffy full pillows under my legs, three behind my back with two soft feather ones on top of the three fluffy and full others.  A small pillow to my right for my right elbow and another under my left.  My computer is usually in front of me, on the rolling hospital style tray that Jason got for me about a year ago.  Before that my computer was kept on a foam container that I moved on and off of my lap with some degree of difficulty and for sure detrimental to the actual computer and it’s components. 

The finches feed voraciously on their feeder to my left I watch them negotiate for position on the pegs as they flitter in and out from the surrounding trees.  Occasionally I’ll be able to grab the camera and snap a few shots through the window.  Although lately that has had less interest from me than it did previously.  Maybe now when the fall colors start to show on the trees will I get an increased amount of enthusiasm.  I’ve taken so many pictures of them, it is hard to figure out how to change it up and make them look different, when the subjects appear so similarly in what I see. 

But yesterday things were a bit different than usual.  I was not at home.  And while I chose to stay in one chair for the entire day for comfort reasons.  The day was anything but ordinary.  I was with family, not my own genetic version, but one that I’ve become a part of none the less.  Kind of weird how this happens.  I like it when it does.  And it isn’t that I don’t look the part because I kind of do.  A friend came and grabbed me.  One who I think may soon be in my life more than before.  She and her family took me out to the gathering.  She loaded up all of my stuff, remember I can’t go anywhere with out my cadre of bags. 

Luka was thrilled we had already gone on a long fast run.  I say this because he ran his little heart out, and I drove my new to me scooter.  Oh, I haven’t written about this yet either..  I’ve gotten a scooter donated to me!  Woot Woot!  We did have to go buy a couple of new batteries.  $$$$ OUCH!  But it is now working almost perfectly! 

Ok.. It is break time..

I guess I’ll be finishing this another day. 

Blessings,

Pink Doberman

No comments: