Wednesday, July 7, 2010

BoOm ChAcKa BoOm!!

On the fourth we arrived just in time to eat some BBQ and paint a few rocks before the fireworks show at the lake.  What fun that was.  I think the lake is my favorite place to watch the fireworks.  The show was simple.  Usually only one firework at a time.  Which was perfect for me.  Simple!  Jason snapped some shots during the show.  I think he really enjoyed that. 

I like the pretty fireworks, Jason loves the Boomers!  Luka could care less about the whole ordeal and other than strangely barking at another dog was the perfect helper!  Since I couldn't walk very well or get up and down well at all, heck I was having problems with most of my body, but I did not have a migraine at least!!  I was a bit of a mess physically that day.  I felt like I was going to die a very painful death.  

But after the medication kicked in things were pretty good.  I was spacey as hell but other than that and the fact I couldn't gather my thoughts to have a fluid conversation it was good.  Much better than the trip to the hospital Jason was sure we were going to have to make. 

We got to hang out with friends, the cabin was just the same as we'd remembered.  Although the lake was completely interesting.  Jason took a walk to see what all of the excess water had done to the place.  I don't think he took his camera on the walk.  I would love to have seen pictures of it but maybe I can walk around personally soon.  (Fingers Crossed)

I made some Gluten Free bread finally in the bread machine.  It is good!  Takes a bit to get used to, but I am going to get it again.  It tastes a cross between a banana bread and whole wheat.  Not the sweet of the banana bread but definitely the texture of it, and more the flavor of the whole wheat.  It was one of those bread machine mixes from Bob's Red Mill.  Instead of eating the bun with the BBQ I had my bread.  I needed some extra BBQ sauce but all in all it was fabulous!  Cookies BBQ has no gluten in it!  That was awesome!

Today Luka has been out running around with his buddy Toby!  I think he is going to be a very happy and tired dog.  He went with on the building tour and lost a boot even before we got into the building.  You should have seen the faces of the construction workers when they would see him.  Quite the curiosity. 

He did his job although I was doing great getting around, so I was very thankful for that!  I was even gifted a massage!  It has been a while since I had one of those.  I think that was one of the main reasons I could go look around the building. 

After having woken up, gotten ready to go, grabbed a bar to eat for breakfast, I made it just in time for my massage ( Jason drove me.).  I wish I could have just stayed on the table after I was done.  I felt so much better and didn't want to move and spoil the whole thing.  She even put some "Icy Gel" (Can't remember the real name) on me when she was done.  But while it feels awful, it feels wonderful at the same time!  I came back just in time to eat a great fruit cheese and salsa lunch!  Jason had BBQ ribs!  Then I was down for the count!  I think I slept almost four hours in the afternoon.  Oh my.  I think the massage and the activity I've been getting really has been wearing me out. 

By the time I woke up, I was just in time to head out to see the building.  Got back in time to eat more!  Grilled chicken, corn, and sweet potato fries.  It was awesome! 

Not to bad of a day, if I do say so myself. 
Pink Doberman

No comments: