Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ThE BeSt Me I cAn Be..

So I have been thoroughly scouring the internet for information about Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and the people who have it.  I am meeting some new people. 

Learning about things I have been dealing with my whole life but no one would believe or acknowledge. 

You know when you tell people what is going on and they don't believe you.  Or they don't know enough to listen and search, or they tell you that it is just something you will get used to.  Well.  You stop telling people. 

You stop trying to find someone who will listen. 

So I did. 





But now.  Knowing that I've never been "crazy"  That the things I have been going through my whole life are connected, and are things that while I might not like what they all mean together, I have a name for it and I have others I can find information from.

I never really thought of myself as being associated with a specific medical condition.  I mean I've always had the "blonde" condition..  I have had the "girl" condition.  I chose to have the "pink" condition.  Ha Ha!!

All of these things come with being treated a certain way.  So does having a disability. 

While the "Blonde, Girl" comes with good and bad.  Growing up I pretty much got the Bad of it.  I didn't know how to turn it into Good.  But I do now.  It took me years.  Thanks Mary Kay! 

I think part of it has to do with age as well.  But learning that I have value that was not based on what others thought was a big turning point. 

No one wants to live a life of labels.  I would never want mine defined by them.  I want to choose the labels that I believe are worth being labeled by.

Smart
Fun
Interesting
Capable
Friend
Honest
Caring

You get the picture.

Ehlers Danlos is something that I am for sure going to deal with.  It may even speak to who I am for a while.  I have to learn about it and decide what is going to be best for my life. 

I want to be my best feel my best and do my best not only for myself but for my husband and girls.  Don't you?  What would it take for you to do what is best for you?  Best for your family? 

I am going to continue changing and fixing things one thing at a time.  Just like I have always done. 

I have a plan.  It is not perfect.  I am doing what I can do each day and I am going to continue being the best me I can be. 

Blessings,
Pink Doberman

No comments: